Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Mad Love

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
Albert Einstein

This quote is going around in my head as I agree to give Quiet Boy a last chance.  Not last change.  Final chance.  This. Is. The. Final. Chance. For. Us.

I feel harder this time, I feel like I can control the situation. In the pit of my stomach, I know I am fooling myself.  I never stopped loving him, so how can I stop falling in love with him again? D'oh!

We have a 'first' date planned.  Somebody shoot me.

Feed me Stalk me Poke me Visit me Subscribe to me

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you again. I really hope it goes well for you. Maybe he has grown wiser in the intervening period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People love to use this quote, especially those who think they are intellectually superior. The the difference between limits and freedom is to compare the quote from Palmer, I think, "If at first You don't succeed...". It maybe the difference between Art and science, between hope and acceptance. You seem like someone who still is open to the endless possibilities of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat Controller - thank you!

    Toni - me, superior?! Very funny. It is purely that I must be crazy to think this time will actually be different. My mind knows rationally that this cannot work out and yet here I am, again, with my heart going to give him the time to burrow his way past my heart's defences and take hold. Romantically I would like to think that it will work out, and we'll live happily ever after. Fuck, listen to me, we've not even had our 'first' date *vomit*. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete