Saturday, 24 July 2010

Doing it better with Billy Crystal

I was having a very bad day at work.  One of those days, where the prospect of being an unemployed, homeless, smack addict would actually feel like a promotion.

Recently I have spent too much time thinking, trying to prioritise, by the time I've made a decision, it was too late, another day had passed...  Yesterday morning, I spent so long thinking about going for a run, that I didn't have time for one - AND - I was still late for work.

For some well earned respite I ended up in a pub, City Slickers was playing.  Loud music played over the film but it was kindly-subtitled-for-her-pleasure. What can I say? Billy Crystal's neurosis relaxes me - even in subtitles!  There is a revelation for the protagonist, Mitch, deciding rather than to quit or complain, he will embrace life:

Barbara Robbins: You know Mitch? I've been thinking. If you really hate your job, why don't you just get out of there? 
Mitch Robbins: No, I'm just going to do it better. I'm going to do everything better. 

It was as if the clouds opened and the angels were chanting DO IT THIRTY!

No more worrying and agonising about what I should be doing versus what I want to be doing: I'm going to do what I want to do.  I intend to do it - obviously while wearing some-personalised-sweatshop-originating-attire and of course - better!

Shit, is this an after school special or what?!

*Vomit*

Do it better?

*Vomit some more*

No comments:

Post a Comment