Friday, 30 July 2010

30 things every women should stop doing once she turns 30

I enjoyed turning thirty.  For me - it enabled me to file all my *cough* decision-making-experimentation-and-random-sexual-escapades under "Shit I did in my twenties".

A new line was drawn.  Hooray!

That said why am I drawn to articles like this - c/o The Frisky's 30 things every women should stop doing once she turns 30.  Here goes (together with my comments in red):
  1. Buying clothes from the junior section. Does Tammy Girl still exist!?!
  2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays. Chance would be a fine thing - they both still believe in Birthday Santa.
  3. Making out with her BFFs at bars for attention. Pass.
  4. Making out with her boyfriend at bars for attention. Pass.
  5. Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many). Pass.
  6. Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years. How about someone I haven't seen for one year, four months, nine days...?
  7. Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents. Pass.
  8. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.” Ha... tempting, but why rule them all out!
  9. Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school. Pass.
  10. Skipping regular gyno exams. Hell yeah!
  11. Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face. Ooops...
  12. Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party. Pass.
  13. Crushing on Justin Bieber. Who?!
  14. Thinking she’s got it all figured out. That would never happen.
  15. Calling her father “daddy.” Pass!
  16. Engaging in sibling rivalry. I will never be too old not to engage in sibling rivalry.
  17. Trying to get by on her looks. I wish!
  18. Living paycheck to paycheck. I'm living a method I like to call 'Save a months salary, spend a months salary'...
  19. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her. I didn't realise this was still an option?
  20. Aimlessly jumping from job to job. Pass.
  21. Using MySpace to pick up guys. How about Twitter?!
  22. Expecting a man to do all the wooing. Not just a little bit...?
  23. Wishing she had someone else’s life. Pass.
  24. Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday ... Done.
  25. ... or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her. I prefer to wallow alone.  And rebound with others.
  26. Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale. Pass.
  27. Being cheap. Pass.
  28. Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!). Hell no...
  29. Blaming her mother for all her issues. Never!
  30. Romanticizing her 20s. Like I said, it's all filed away "Shit I did in my twenties".


1 comment:

  1. #22- I've gotten lazy this season and don't even feel the need to pick up the phone to call/text him just to..... talk. I want him to call, write and suggest the date first. I'm just along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete