Thursday, 18 March 2010

Wanted: Pot bellied men


Cheryl Cole has given men with a pot belly everywhere reason to smile. 
 
I only caught the subject being discussed on the radio, but it drew me in.  "The X Factor judge said she would prefer a man with a pot belly over one with a 'ripped physique'".  Like the reason her husband cheated was because he was soooooooo goodlooking. I think it stems wider than that.  Of course, it helped *him*, that is physically the way he is.

Men cheat, women cheat, people cheat.
 
If I were an athletically fit man with his twenties with too much time and money on his hands, what excitement is there left in the world.  I would have to discount drugs (my sports career), dangerous sports (parachuting etc, again my left leg is my prized possession).  What's left, that can give your body such a high without external stimulants. Gambling and sex?
 
I've been out with a footballer and his stamina was immeasurable and recovery rate more impressive than his games to goals ratio.
 
Should Cheryl be blamed for not being a stay-at-home-wife?  No. A committment was made, and I'm sure she has more than her fair share of offers.
 
I am speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the fact that he cheated, but that he was caught, repeatedly and the extent it embarrassed her so.  Even Mr Smith jokingly said something along the lines of "...how bad in bed must she be...".  Ouch.
 
A male friend (now in his late forties) often says, usually when my plus one is in his early-mid twenties, allow a man in his twenties to sow his oats, if you don't, you're only delaying the inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment