Saturday, 20 March 2010

Mr Smith and Bollocks

As Mr Smith left in silence, I should have mentioned that we left with a promise.

One month of no contact.

Such bollocks, within 48 hours I sent him his early birthday present and he had sent me the message:

Subject: I miss you 


Hey

Can we just forgive each other and go back to the fun, lovely, non-judgemental friendship we had, please?

I don't know what you think about all this. Maybe you think it's better that we don't talk. But I really, really miss my friend. This "month off" thing is just confusing and upsetting. I just want us to be okay again.


I called him, mainly to reassure that he had in fact over-thought everything.  He was, as ever, non-committal and evasive with what he wanted.

I couldn't mention that I had been asked out by someone else and that I had agreed.  It's surprising what a single, attractive and interested man can do for one's ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment