Monday, 1 February 2010

Can men and women be friends?

Can men and women be friends? Can men and women be friends without sex getting in the way?
 
Tonight,  I am going for platonic drinks with Mr Smith (more about him later). 
 
This morning was a challenge, I looked over at my saucy underwear and suspenders and leaving them be, went for the comfortable, cotton briefs with dark tights and a loose-fitting dress.  Teamed with work heels, my hair in 'secretary style' and make-up au-natural.  It seems I spent more time deliberating what to wear on this platonic evening than I would have done on auto-pilot for a date.
 
All good to go, however, little does he know I have left my cash card in my other coat!  
 
Cue awkward silence. 
 
I am though equipped with a Boots Advantage card, Pret card and HMV gift voucher - I wonder how far they will get me?

1 comment:

  1. I would say by your actions, no, lol. I have plenty of guy friends that are just guys because I'm not interested in them that way. Others just because they are taken already, he. Have you ever heard of ladder theory? ;)

    I want to hear more about Mr. Smith!

    ReplyDelete