Thursday, 14 January 2010

A pious 'Thirty'?

Have you ever met someone, romantically or otherwise, that makes you want to strive to be a better person? Almost to the point of feeling inferior in their company, scheduling an enema for all bad thoughts, burning rubber outfits and disposing of albeit unused anal beads.

Of course my most recent date wasn't a modern day saint, he did however come across as positively saint-like.

This morning I awoke with a warmer heart and a melt-in-your-mouth-not-in-your-hand smile across my face, together with an ardent yet guilt-driven need to do undertake voluntary work.

I have a feeling 'being good' will be a bitter pill to swallow.




"If I were a saint, which maybe I wanna be, maybe I don't. I'd would be like Augustine, he knew there was good in him, and he knew there was some not so good. And he knew he wasn't going to give up his earthly pleasures before he was good and ready. 
'Make me good God, but not yet'... ...It bears repeating 'make me good God, but not yet'."
Nurse Jackie [Pilot]


No comments:

Post a Comment