Monday, 18 January 2010

Oooooh young man

A comment left on a previous post highlighted the acute embarrassment I felt. "Older women and younger men always smacks a little of desperation...".

I was left with the question "do I care what people think of me"?  I honestly don't know the definitive answer to that.  Sometimes, of course I care, at other times, no.  

The date with the young man went ahead as planned, I'm extremely glad it did.  His confidence and candour, both under estimated but very welcome.  The date ended with a passionate kiss and this morning I've already received an enthusiastic email enquiring into my availability to meet again.

Age is just a number, however, I can't help but think of Harry Enfield's sketch - 'Oooooh young man'.


2 comments:

  1. I agree. Age is definitely only a number. Who cares what people think as long as you're enjoying yourself. They're probably only jealous that you've bagged a young bit of fluff. :-)

    Kate x
    http://search-for-the-perfect10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd still like to know why some men prefer older women. My current "whatever you want to call it relationship guy" has always experienced the same thing.

    Something about being more mature? But then again, don't women mature faster than men, so if I'm younger by two years- doesn't that put us in the same maturity bracket??

    ReplyDelete