Wednesday, 6 January 2010

E-fidelity

Was it cheating when he asked me for IM friendship?

Was it cheating when I accepted him as a friend?

Was it cheating when he asked me to phone him?

Was it cheating when he asked me to tell him a fantasy?

Was it cheating when I oblige?

Was it cheating when he says his wife doesn't understand his needs?

Was it cheating when he sounds lonely?

Was it cheating when he can make my climax with five simple lines of text?

Was it cheating when we swap anecdotes, fantasies and secrets?

Was it cheating when we buy each other gifts?

Was it cheating when I stopped saying 'me too, me too!', not because it wasn't, but because it was, again?

Was it cheating when I laugh more than I can remember?

Was it cheating when no physical contact has been made?



2 comments:

  1. hmmm....... if you ask the wife, she'll most likely consider it emotional cheating.
    I too am very guilty of this- but it's mainly to tease, because i get a thrill out of it, and my bf and his gf won't text to us like that.....

    that's why we have that "special relationship" over aim and texting....

    it's a lot easier to hide behind a screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I can separate sex and love, I could and have forgiven a sexual indiscretion, although I'm not sure how quick I would be to do so again.

    An emotional connection however I couldn't look past. When I am in love, I am blinkered by my partner and sexual needs aside, an emotional infidelity would make me doubt the core of the relationship.

    ReplyDelete