Monday, 4 January 2010

12 Days of Christmas: Top films of the noughties (M - R)

My top films of the last decade - continued.

Please note:
1. I'm sure I have left some important films off! Maybe I haven't seen them, maybe I didn't like them or maybe I have just forgotten them. It took a friend to remind me of '28 Days Later...'.
2. I am biased towards those films I saw at the cinema.
3. I am biased towards those films I saw at the cinema and then bought on DVD.
4. I am biased towards those films I saw at the cinema because of who I saw the film with
5. I am biased.
6. I've purposefully tried to add as few spoilers as possible.
7. After attempting to get them into some sort of order of preference, they are merely in alphabetical order. You try putting Wall-E up against City of God...


Memento A friend asked me to accompany them to this film, when I asked what it was about, I was informed "Mike from Neighbours, with a Polaroid camera", I'm still not sure how such a description got me to the local Odeon but I'm more than glad it did.
[
Trailer]

Monsters Inc. "Just think about a few names for a second: Bigfoot. Loch Ness. The Abominable Snowman. They all have one thing in common, pal: Banishment! We could be next!"
[
Trailer]

No Country For Old Men [Trailer]

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Dapper Dan! Alone in a cinema screening to watch this nearly scared me off! I loved it though.
[
Trailer]

Once

A beautiful love story, it gives back the faith in finding love in the most unusual of places.
[
Trailer]

Pan's Labyrinth I feel sorry for anyone who saw me in the days after I saw Pan's Labyrinth, for they were subjected to my impression of the Faun, together with some home-drawn eyes.
[
Trailer]

The Prestige Never ask a magician to reveal his tricks.
[
Trailer]

Requiem For A Dream Degradation to a new level.
[
Trailer]

~~~
Top films of the noughties (A - F)
Top films of the noughties (G - L)
Top films of the noughties (M - R)
Top films of the noughties (S - Z)


No comments:

Post a Comment