Monday, 14 December 2009

Christmas Grinch

I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas or New Year.
Once upon a time, I was that excitable seven year old leaving out milk and cookies for Father Christmas and a carrot for Rudolph! That excitement stayed with me right into my twenties, then something changed.
Something that even the promise of a white Christmas in London can't bring back.
Nowadays, I have a back-up plan.
Just in case the urge to hibernate from family and friends between Christmas and New Year, I am collating a collection of films (mainly Ealing Classics, Hitchcock and a few others, suggestions are more than welcome), it's a ritual I go through.
Funnily enough, it's the very ritual of the back-up plan that prompts me to go and get a tree, decorate the house and myself.
Ding dong!

No comments:

Post a Comment