Friday, 11 December 2009

A blow off?

For a week I have had him in my diary for tomorrow, I get a text "I couldn't get those tickets in the end, do you want to meet up on Monday instead?".
Yes, I am tired, yes, I am knackered. I need sleep and my liver needs some respite, but this text has upset me.
Not only have I rejected other offers for what I thought was a firm date, but it feels like he is blowing me off, I mean trading a Saturday for a Monday?!
I thought of two options for a response a) I'm still free tomorrow or b) I can't do Monday.
Without any real consideration I went for option b.

2 comments:

  1. A Saturday for a Monday? What is he thinking? The guy must have someone else or has been invited to some major event. In any event he doesn't deserve you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment.

    I just typed out the words "I'm not bothered", but it's clear I am!

    ReplyDelete