Friday, 18 December 2009

Anti-stalking

With the influx of popular social networking and mobile applications, the particular ones that worried me most were the ones that announced to the world or select group of e-friends where you are positioned to almost unnerving precision.
Along the lines of:
Thirty has arrived at work (full address, postcode together with longitude and latitude references, ordinance survey anyone?) - Monday, 09:03
Thirty has arrived at the Odeon, Leicester Square - Wednesday, 18:00
And luckily not:
Thirty has drunk too much mulled wine and is trying to hail a cab using the proven whistle method.
For me, it felt one step too far with the ol' sharing stuff.
Until now, I have realised that it is by the far the most fabulous invention.
Through Facebook and alike I can know see where the majority of my exes are during social hours.
Now before I get done for potential stalking (Me? Never!), I use it for opposite reasons, I can now actively avoid those ex-boyfriends/lovers/flings, it's too small a world and time is too precious!
Thirty is hibernating until later this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment