Thursday, 10 December 2009

Alcohol

Quality and not quantity should be key here.
I never* drink alone. I am a social drinker, unfortunately I am also an extremely social person.
However, I rarely know my limits. I am a lightweight but combined with the tolerance comparable to a teenager with access to a free bar. This is not something I am proud of, yes, I use alcohol as a social lubricant, and sometimes I use alcohol when I feel bashful.
Preferring the term mood enhancer than mood alternator, and for genuine reasons, if I don't feel like going out for a drink, I generally don't.
Although, I must bring to the forefront beer goggles. How many times more likely am I going to kiss/snog/shag someone I wouldn't sober - 10/100/1000? I'm not sure of the numbers but there is a direct correlation, maybe I should undertake some research!

*When I say never, there have been two occasions in the last fourteen years, again another reason never to use never...

2 comments:

  1. Lol... the beer goggles,... sometime I wish too that they exist!

    No looking bad people at closing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not bad people at closing time, it's 'interesting' looking people the morning after!

    ReplyDelete