Tuesday, 29 December 2009

12 Days of Christmas - Top Six Festive Songs

This time of year brings out the romantic in me musically.  As such, I'm in the mood for dancing and romancing.  


My favourite Christmas tunes:






















These two also have a special place for me at this time of year:







(Nearly ruined by Simon Cowell and his X-Factor music-destroying-machine, but not quite...)





Is it me, or are these not the cheeriest of songs?  


Someone please pass the tissues!



4 comments:

  1. I was going to do this, but never got round to it! We agree on The Pogues and Slade, I would just add Chris Rea (Driving Home For Christmas) 'cos I'm an old softie at heart and Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson (Hey Santa Claus...) just to be iconoclastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My six would be

    Fairytale of New York - Pogues/Kirsty McColl
    Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
    Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
    Michael Andrews/Gary Jules - Mad World (as it won me £200)
    I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
    Merry Christmas Everybody - Slade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. The Pogues is everyone's favourite but I'm starting the backlash. It's Wham for me.
    http://plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rawedge wins.

    I forgot all about Mad World, and after he left his comment I had "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" in my head for the rest of the week!

    Fat Controller

    How I could I forget 'Driving home for Christmas'?

    ReplyDelete