Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Would you like a cup of tea?

Last week Graham Linehan posted:
"Thanks to everyone who sent the 'Father Ted' attack-piece from the Guardian this week. I know y'all want to keep me in the loop, but... a little favour while I have your ear? Please don't send me the negative stuff. It's hard enough to write without coming across think-pieces by trolls. You can't expect everyone to like something you've done, and some of those people end up in print. That's life, but I certainly don't need to read the stuff."
I was about to search for the piece attacking Father Ted but didn't. I don't need to read what the Guardian has said on the matter. I loved Father Ted and still do and an article that will probably enrage me isn't what I need when I am meant to be relaxing this week.
I saw a Father Ted episode recently that had managed to pass me by the first time it was screened, it was 'The Mainland' with Richard Wilson and I laughed until I nearly wet myself. Thank you Channel 4's 4oD.
It made me think that actually maybe we should all be lighter on the negative stuff. I have a friend that constantly shouts "why are you doing that?", "don't do this", "don't do that" to the point where I am finding myself avoiding him and even that group of friends.
So to quote a teacher I once had - "...if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
Would you like a cup of tea?
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment