A friend forwarded these to me and I have to agree with most of them:
10. I will not be the last one to text every night when I first start flirting with someone.
This is a resolution out of my control! I was obviously out of my mind in January. *moves resolution to recycling bin*
9. I will not change my Facebook status to "in a relationship" within the first month of dating someone.
8. I will not get drunk on a first date.
What was I thinking? I drink when nervous. I'm nervous on a first date. Therefore usually completely blotto on most first dates. For this to work I might have to move first dates to lunchtime.
7. I won't keep going out with people after three dates if I'm not that into them, just because I'm bored or don't want to be single.
6. I will wait, patiently, until my partner finishes what s/he has to say, even when I'm mad.
5. If I am single, I will put myself out there—online, on the scene and through friends—and meet new people, because variety is the spice of life.
I haven't been uber-friendly with new people - must try harder.
4. If I am partnered, I will make an effort to keep the relationship interesting by trying new things together—new places for dates, new activities in the bedroom, etc.
3. I will tell my sexual partners what I want in bed, and I will not be embarrassed about my desires, fetishes and comfort level with kink.
Not kept. Ten 'Hail Marys' and I will try harder.
2. I will have as much sex as I want, but I will still be careful about my health.
Hmmmm anyway... Moving on.
1. I will raise my standards and lower my expectations.